There is a light at the end of this tunnel.
I can barely see it. But I know it's there.
Big thanks to Mr. Albert James (albert-james.com). Shortly after posting Zero G Fighter to the Game Maker Forum thread for alpha projects, Albert approached me with links and a request to check out his original music tracks. I had already been listening to a library of royalty free audio and music in an attempt to find some background music to go with the game and I was kinda iffy about my options. Albert's work blew that stock audio out of the water. There were several tracks I just knew would compliment the tone and feel of Zero G Fighter perfectly.
I was already in the process of planning an IndieGoGo campaign to raise funds to help get a few business side items going. I quickly decided to switch the focus of the campaign and make licensing the music the priority. Sink or swim ZGF was gonna have some nice tunes.
In the end I succeeded in raising funds for the music. Albert and I have completed a mutually beneficial business transaction and background music has been added to the game. In fact, a Zero G Fighter demo featuring the new music is available on IndieDB. http://www.indiedb.com/games/zero-g-fighter
Oh yeah also, Zero G Fighter is on IndieDB.
Development Tasks Completed
- MUSIC! Music has been added to the game.
- Enemies now have a chance to drop power orbs for shield energy and swarm rocket energy
- Mission text and objectives have been added to most of the stages
- Several stages have been revised
- Views and Viewport code rewritten
- Bugs squashed
Upcoming Development Tasks
- Add Music and Gamepad preferences to main menu
- Make a Game trailer
- Address outstanding bugs and unfinished assets